Unwanted facial hair is a real problem, and leaves us with some choices for how we get rid of it. Shaving is a no-no, it isn’t efficient, but Epilating is a great solution! Waxing is perhaps the only other real option but is very painful and hard to get right, especially for the face.
Why Epilate Facial Hair?
There’s no denying facial hair is an issue, and not just for older women, people of all ages experience unwanted hair on their face, and for women it can be a difficult thing to deal with, making us self conscious or even seeing us mocked by others! Not good! If you were to shave, it won’t last long because it doesn’t remove hair right from the root, and even worse will leave a five-o-clock shadow which is not a good look. That’s why Epilating is such a good solution, it is like a mass tweezing – removing hair right from the root and making sure it doesn’t grow back quickly at all, some leaving 6 weeks of no visible growth at all.
Fortunately, there are some amazing facial epilators out there, the big manufacturers realizing that this is a massive problem for many women and introducing new models or adding features that are great for epilating the face to their existing range, so what are the best epilators for the face?
What to Look For In a Facial Epilator
- A thorough coverage making sure all hair is removed
- As painless as possible (though there are things you can do to help this)
- Precision – some of the areas of the face can be hard to reach perfectly
- Good for sensitive skin – a rash on your face or irritation can be equally bad.
Braun Facial Epilator
Braun are one of the leading manufacturers of these products for a reason, and they’ve recognized the need for facial models. The Braun Facial Epilator, sometimes branded as the Braun 810, is one of the top models you can buy for this reason, and has many features that we look for, and others that go above and beyond, making this a bit of a luxury product.
The full list of features are as follows:
- 10 micro tweezers to capture even the tiniest and thinnest hairs, which other Epilators may miss.
- A thin head to allow you to reach all the different areas of your face, this is also amazing for areas such as the eyebrows to make sure you don’t overdo it and keep the natural hair which you want to!
- Smooth skin for four weeks in just a few seconds, the 200 pluck movements every single second mean this does the job very quickly and doesn’t have to be any longer than necessary.
- Battery operated so no charging needed, also making it great for traveling.
- Built in exfoliating function which will help you to avoid irritation and can even make the process less painful!
A great luxury model for unwanted facial hair removal. Brain have hit the nail on the head here, especially for those who already have a method of removing hair elsewhere. It is very small, so don’t try and use it on other areas such as legs, as this will make it a longer process than it needs to be.
Emjoi Epi Slim
Emjoi are another titan of women’s hair removal products, and their equivalent of the Braun Facial is the ‘Epi Slim‘ range. This little pocket rocket does a superb job of removing hairs on the face. It isn’t quite as fancy as the above, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a decent model, and it can do a great job for small areas of your body.
So at under half of the price, do the features match up? What is on offer here…
- Great for delicate areas and can also be used for bikini line and other small parts of the body
- 9 Tweezers to remove hair in small areas
- Improved motor on the most recent model which means that it can remove hair quicker and with a lot more efficiency.
- Battery powered and portable
Okay, so it doesn’t have the same features as the Braun, but it will still do a good job. Exfoliating is important but can still be done separately after you Epilate and doesn’t have to be a built-in feature, so the Epislim is a good model. This is versatile and can be used elsewhere on the body if you’re happy to do that, and can be taken with you on your travels.
Bellabe Facial Epilator
We have mentioned the Bellabe before on the site, and it is a good option for those of us on a budget and are happy to do ‘manual’ Epilating. Plus it doesn’t use batteries or power so is great for traveling or just saving the planet! This is basically a ‘threading’ method of hair removal, and you see it used a lot on areas such as eyebrows, but it works well for any area of your face, and removes hair right from the root.
Features of the Bellabe facial hair remover
- Removes the need for fancy electronics, waxes, creams and other products. Simplify the whole process
- Small, portable, fast and effective
- Great for all areas of the face and especially good for eyebrows and peach fuzz on your face.
Some say the Bellabe takes a bit of getting used to, but the reviews online are very good, and once you know what you’re doing with it it can be an excellent product, which can be used in conjunction with an Epilator elsewhere on your body. Plus, it is very affordable and eliminates the need for messing around with batteries and chargers.
Any of the above models will serve you well in the world of facial hair removal, they will provide long term clarity of your skin, meaning you should only have to Epilate every 4-6 weeks. The three different options mean you have a choice to make based on features and price which one you buy, but considering the huge amount of features on offer, and how immensely well-received all of these products have been, any one of them would provide you with great value for money. Getting rid of the peach fuzz or overgrowing eyebrows should no longer be a problem!