Remington are one of the top manufacturers of grooming products, both male and female, and their foray into a relatively new product line, Epilators, has been very successful. In this post we take a microscopic look at the Remington Smooth and Silky full size epilator, one of the best selling products of its type, and probably the highest selling Remington epilator that there is. So, does it live up to its hype? Is this one of the best or a total flop? Lets look in detail at the Smooth and Silky.
This epilator offers some top features that would rival any other product of its type at this pricing point:
- Dual Speeds. This is something offered by many products these days, the purpose of dual speed is so that it can be changed depending on whether the hair in question is coarse or fine. This means different areas of your body may require different speeds.
- Curved head. The idea behind this is that your body, and the areas in question, aren’t going to be flat, so a flat head can make things tough, a curved head is great for areas like legs especially, making this one of the best epliators for legs.
- 42 tweezers. Quite a high number of tweezers meaning this can handle large chunks of hair at a time, and quickly (we don’t want this process to last longer than it has to)
- 2 year manufacturers guarantee. This shows the confidence Remington have in their product, and gives you peace of mind for two years of use.
- Corded use only. Not a problem for most of us, cordless would be a really great benefit but it isn’t always imperative. Other models do offer cordless use but are usually a little more expensive.
What Others Have Said
Customer Reviews on Amazon
This is one of the most widely reviewed Epilators and the vast majority are positive! Inevitably, its going to be a little painful at first, but the day a painless epilator is released is the day all others become redundant! The price is a big plus point in many reviews, whereas other products similar to the EP6010 Smooth and Silky may top $100, but this can be picked up for nearly half this price, making it a good value product too. As you continue to use the Remington, it becomes less and less painful, the hair that grows back will be more fine and eventually it will feel like second nature, rather than being an experience you dread!
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the price of this epilator is one of its major selling points, $60 being a price point you can often find on Amazon for this product, where it has a rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars, very respectable for the EP6010. Remington know what they’re doing, and there’s no questioning their ability when it comes to grooming products, this is the latest in a successful line, and comes with our recommendation!