Braun’s Silk-epil range of Epilators are some of the best known models out there, commonly available and at the time of writing the SE7681 model is the second best selling Epilator on Amazon, in spite of being over $100. We’re looking at why it is such a high seller in this review, and taking an in-depth look at the features, which it has to be said are quite impressive, and justify the price tag of what is one of the best Epilators available, the Silk-Epil 7 SE7681. The RRP is over $100, but don’t let that put you off, this wet and dry hair remover with built in trimmer will not let you down, as Braun have pulled it out of the bag with their design…
Lets crack on with a full list of the features, of which there are many! Braun have thought of everything with this hair remover and for those looking for the complete Epilating solution this could be the one for you…
- Pre-Epilation wipes. This is a unique feature that I haven’t seen used by any other brand other than Braun, and the wipes really do help, designed to numb the skin and reduce the pain involved, they don’t make it entirely pain-free but they do help a great deal.
- Five different head attachments. Braun have included different heads for different purposes. There’s a trimmer head as well as four others, a facial head designed for peach fuzz and facial areas, a ‘sensitive’ cap which is great for areas such as the bikini line, there is also an ‘efficiency’ cap and the standard shaver head.
- Cordless use for your convenience, meaning you don’t have to leave it plugged in at all times.
- ‘Wet and Dry’ – as the title explains this is a wet and dry epilator, this means it can be used in the shower, not just for cleaning, but during the actual use of the product. This is helpful for two reasons, it is said to reduce the pain involved by stimulating the skin first, but also means that the clean-up operation afterwards is a lot more simple.
- Claims to be able to get rid of hairs as small as 0.5 mm which is the size of a grain of sand!
- Speed settings – choose the speed at which you feel most comfortable.
- 40 tweezers for maximum hair removal efficiency.
- Smartlight – this feature lights up the area you need to epilate which means you are a lot less likely to miss patches of hair! Helps you getting the most detail possible.
- Pivot head – the head can move 15 degrees to help contour to your body, this is great for epilating areas that aren’t flat such as underarms and more.
- Designed to massage the skin as it moves across it which helps to sooth the hair removal.
- Just a one hour charge can provide 40 minutes of cordless use.
What Others Have Said
As you can see, the list of features is impressive, and this is reflected in the reviews elsewhere on the internet. Concensus is that the Braun SE7681 is one of the top models out there. People have commented on the many benefits of being able to use this in the bath and shower, as well as the longevity of the use, meaning you don’t have to use it that regularly, which is great for those of us with a low pain threshold!
As we’re called the “Best Epilator Guide” I feel it only right to say that this definitely has some claim to being the best model you can buy. Brain’s Silk-epil series really is great quality, well-built, and they’ve thought of almost everything with the features. If you’re looking for a cheap model, this isn’t for you, and you can buy decent hair removal products for less money, but if you’re looking for the very best, look no further. 10/10 from us.